On Tue, Nov 1, 2022 at 1:22 PM Dmitry Gutov wrote: > On 01.11.2022 01:19, João Távora wrote: > > We can try to make some backward compatible way, but this seems like the > > perfect occasion to activate this most reasonable header in project.el: > > > > ;; NOTE: The project API is still experimental and can change in > major, > > ;; backward-incompatible ways. Everyone is encouraged to try it, > and > > ;; report to us any problems or use cases we hadn't anticipated, by > > ;; sending an email to emacs-devel, or `M-x report-emacs-bug'. > > This is about the API. > > project-kills-buffers is not part of it. It's just a regular user-level > command, to be evolved how we do with regular commands. project-kill-buffers is great: I don't mean to deprecate it change it, its protocol etc. If "evolution" means fixing what are demonstrably its very salient bugs, that's great. Philip's worry was about project-kill-buffer-conditions. That variable contains a programming language and could be deprecated (if we arrive at the conclusion that it is easily replaced by something else). We shouldn't be shy of doing so a backward-incompatible way, given that its usage is estimated to be minimal (and this estimation is backed up by real data, not just a guess).