On Mon, Sep 19, 2022 at 4:52 PM Payas Relekar wrote: > > > The only problem is that I can't get run the full eglot2emacs.sh to run. > > The process is blocked, I think, by an Emacs commit hook that refuses to > > accept some trailing changes in some unrelated files. Can you see > > what's up with that? Did I mess up eglot2emacs.sh? > > > > .py is well beyond my kindergarten python, but if I had to make a guess > its probably generating something that Emacs doesn't like. > No, that wasn't it. It probably worked for you because your script clones a fresh emacs.git repo without installing the pre-commit hooks. When they are in place, the merge is prevented. I haven't investigated why: there is some logic in ~/.git/hooks/pre-commit that supposedly nullifies the hook for merges. Anyway, when the hook is laid to rest, the result is something like what I just uploaded to the scratch/eglot2emacs branch: This branch will probably be deleted and re-created frequently as we tweak the script. I hope that isn't a problem. Stefan? João