On Sun, Apr 12, 2020 at 3:44 PM Eli Zaretskii wrote: > > > Thanks, this is okay for the emacs-27 branch. > > Done, just pushed. Not marking the bug done, though, since > > as I said before, I don't think this is the right fix. > > Why isn't this the right fix? > Because the right fix is not to have the condition at the end of emacs-lisp-mode at all, as I explained in the previous email. I.e handicapping a mode depending on the buffer file name the mode applies to is wrong. IMO. > > Or maybe it should be marked done but not closed? I don't know these > > bug state transition dynamics and won't object to anything you want > > to do here. > > There's no such thing as done but not closed. Feel free to leave this > open if you intend to work on it on master. > The only intention I have is to revert the commit you added, add an emacs-lisp-data-mode according to Stefan's and Dmitry's suggestion, and use that mode for .dir-local.el. I'd also appreciate such a mode for other lispy data files I have. Anyway, last time I checked, you opposed this (very?) strongly so unless that stance has changed, there's not much for me to work on. Let me know, João