On Tue, Aug 17, 2021, 13:57 Dmitry Gutov wrote: > On 17.08.2021 10:20, João Távora wrote: > > It is composable, in fact it's inside some "compose-flex-sort-fn` helper > > function to take into account the table's sorting. > > > > if you mean the problem of code duplication, however, then I also agree. > > See the FIXMEs explaining the situation. > > > > If you mean something else, please clarify. > > It does "compose" things, but it makes all the decisions, so it's > impossible to control from the outside. > I guess you could add a variable or two there, but the way it works is by design. > > One of the things I'd like to do is to sort taking into account both > flex sorting and the previous occurrences of the completions in the > buffer (by adding the scores together, or somehow else combining them). > That sounds interesting, maybe it's a good idea for a new completion style, which may share some code, maybe a lot of code, with flex. I see there are other possible uses described in bug#45260. Perhaps this > discussion could move there. > Put me in Cc, if you want. But what I imagined is some middle layer above the completion styles > which would do the sorting. The above discussion is based on the > existing practice, however, where the tables provide the sorting logic > (and not, say, sorting scores which can be combined somewhere else). > Sounds interesting. João >