On Sun, Apr 19, 2020 at 1:20 AM Basil L. Contovounesios wrote: > João Távora writes: > > > On Sat, Apr 18, 2020 at 12:56 PM Basil L. Contovounesios < > contovob@tcd.ie> wrote: > > > > gnus-adaptive-file-suffix, respectively. Would these suffixes be unique > > enough on their own to be added to auto-mode-alist? Perhaps > > gnus-score.el could do this after evaluating the defcustoms. > > > > auto-mode-alist has comments near it that discourage it. > > Okay, but we could still statically add the default values to > auto-mode-alist, as was suggested elsewhere in this thread. > Oh yes. At the time I didn't know that was an option, but if you think it's "safe", go for it. If users change defaults, they'll get false positives maybe. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ > If no-one beats me to it, I'll submit a patch for the Gnus folks to > review after lisp-data-mode lands. Sounds good. João