[Now ccing to emacs-devel] On Wed, Dec 12, 2018 at 1:20 PM Yuri Khan wrote: > An alternative would be: > > * get those other applications fixed; > Really? If you answer to a real-world problem is "fix the world" why even bother answering? > > > * for this part of the change to be reverted in Emacs; > > > > * for me to set the correct environment var from the Windows shortcut > > that points to runemacs.exe. Can it be done easily? > > Easiest is probably to change it to run a .cmd file that sets the > variable and then runs runemacs.exe, if you don’t mind a useless > console window. If you do, you’ll probably need to write and compile a > (GUI-targeted but windowless) program in a language of your choice, > that runs runemacs.exe with a modified environment. > At which point I might as well fix it in my Emacs config, which has ample facilities for this, and which I would do if this weren't such an early thing.