[I don't actually know if this message will go through, given the bug is closed] On Fri, Dec 16, 2022 at 3:45 PM Eli Zaretskii wrote: > > > Thanks, so I added these hints to the doc strings of the two optioins, > and I'm closing the bug. Your previous comment that which-func.el could see some work re becoming asynchronous or non-blocking still makes sense to me. OTOH see bug#58431 where a possible new alternate client to Imenu's tree, whose functionality would obsolete most of which-func's is discussed. It probably makes more sense to invest there, so closing this may make sense. Just thought I'd add this note.