On Thu, Mar 5, 2020 at 12:14 PM Dmitry Gutov wrote: > On 05.03.2020 13:51, João Távora wrote: > > Sure, but before that happens, users get annoyed :-) so let's provide > > an "out" for them. > > And when they use that "out", and the program behaves randomly, they'll > get annoyed, file confusing bug reports, etc. Why would we want that? > Any of those things are better than the feeling of being trapped in a UI. And anyway, they're really unlikely, who would use the finger-contorting atomic option without knowing exactly what they're doing? We can even add a warning message, or even a prompt, if you feel so strongly. If still object, at least I would mention in the keymap's docstring how to add such a thing. Do you have a specific scenario in mind where it would help? > Well, as I said I do remember binding M-j to it for this specific circumstance, but that's before your fix (which I am still to try out). João