On Wed, Sep 16, 2020 at 4:43 PM Thibaut Verron wrote: > > >> Don't understand this bit. I use ffap a lot and don't need to > > >> "enable" anything, just M-x ffap. Is it a mode? > > > Ok, I wasn't precise, it isn't a mode, but one can enable ffap bindings > > > automatically so they replace ordinary ones by default. > > > > Still confused. Ffap is "find file at point" right? What do you want to > > replace with it? > > Maybe he means binding C-x C-f to ffap when point is on a file path > (not a great idea in my experience) or to have the file name at point > pre-entered in the completion prompt (I personally have that behavior > enabled)? > Thanks. The latter makes more sense, indeed. But will be surprising for some users, I guess. João