On Thu, Aug 19, 2021, 13:38 Kévin Le Gouguec wrote: > João Távora writes: > > FWIW (I didn't take the time to understand the ins and outs of the > completion system nor the changes that are being made; sorry about > that), Don't beat yourself over it, it's not an easy or pleasent thing to understand. with this tentative patch, Icomplete seems to honour > read-char-by-name-sort. With icomplete enabled and > read-char-by-name-sort set to 'code, try > > C-x 8 RET CLOCK FACE > > - with the current master branch, the completions are sorted > alphabetically, > - with the tentative patch applied, the completions are sorted by code > point. > Yes I think that's the idea. But do you think that's good or bad? This seems to compose well with completions-group AFAICT (see e.g. C-x 8 > RET ROMAN). > This is good, right? João >