On Wed, Sep 16, 2020 at 6:15 AM Alfred M. Szmidt wrote: > following recent discussions I've started toying with what I've pushed > on > scratch/modern-mode. > > What some find modern, some will find old. What some find old, some > will find modern. What was once modern will become old again, and > what was old again will become modern. > > A different name would be more appropriate Yup, this is really obvious to me, too (*) I seem to remember that other packages don't have a lot of problems naming some features "fancy". Does "fancy" have a negative connotation? Maybe it does, as does e.g. "baroque". Both terms indicate an "elaboration" or an "amplification" beyond some essential state, which would be Emacs -Q, I guess. fancy-mode? rich-mode? amplified-mode? ornate-mode? Why not just andrea-mode? João * though "modernism" is itself considered a style, reasonably well defined within the 20th century, but that doesn't matter, unless we are purposely trying to emulate that style in Emacs, which I don't think we are. On a tangent, Emacs defaults themselves could even be seen as modernist already, form mostly follows function, rejects most ornament, etc etc