On Sun, Oct 13, 2019 at 1:02 PM Alan Mackenzie wrote: > Before that, I would suggest you turn it into two minor modes, one > working on the current buffer, the other global, just like > font-lock-mode and global-font-lock-mode. Thanks for the suggestion. Currently, my intention is that a variable, a generalized boolean controls this feature. This shouldn't conflict a lot with your proposal of proper global and minor modes for separate (de)activation, but those would come later. > > If you want to try it before that happens see the > > scratch/jit-lock-antiblink-cleaned-up branch. > > I think the mode should be easier to turn on and off, and should not > need font-lock-mode to be reinitialised. Don't worry, that's the way it works right now (no jit-lock-mode reinitialisation needed): just set (or customize) jit-lock-antiblink-grace to a positive number to activate, and to nil to deactivate. It should take effect immediately. -- João Távora