On Thu, Jan 18, 2024, 22:03 Stefan Monnier wrote: A previous effort in that direction is the `snippet-engine` branch in > YASnippet's Git repository, which aimed to reimplement YASnippet's core > functionality separately from the specific user-visible format of the > snippets, such that YASnipet could then be reimplemented on top of > snippet-engine (and hopefully other systems like tempo, tempel, skeleton > could be reimplemented on top of it as well). Yes yes. AFAIK that branch was on the right track, You should fully disclose it was like 90% your design with my implementation. But it's true, it was. but the implementer (João) lost > motivation at some point. It's now a repo in github.com/joaotavora/snippet Maybe I'll get a bit of motivation going again, some APIs are simpler and I've learned some new tricks since. Anyone can pick it up. There's a TODO list at the top, and a test suite. It's a good candidate for test-driven programming. João