On Fri, Apr 17, 2020 at 4:46 PM Eli Zaretskii wrote: > > From: João Távora > > Date: Fri, 17 Apr 2020 16:35:14 +0100 > > Cc: Stefan Monnier , Juri Linkov < > juri@linkov.net>, 40573@debbugs.gnu.org, > > Dmitry Gutov > > > > > Which code? > > > > The code of the proposed new mode. > > > > That has been shown already by Stefan's patch, way back. > > And I already rejected it. If we want to have a mode, let's have a > mode, to support all the good features discussed lately here. Like a > lighter, code that injects the mode into auto-generated files and > turns on automatically for non-generated ones, etc. A clean job, IOW. Can you explain what is dirty about having that mode for a subset of files that _could_ make use of it and having the user select it via M-x lisp-data-mode when he thinks it's useful? Can you give evidence of any benefit to your all-or-nothing stance here? I've explained, many times, that turning it on automatically for non-generated files, is impossible to achieve. Do you disagree with this statement? Maybe you do, perhaps you're seeing something I don't or we're talking about different lisp-data-mode's. João