On Wed, Nov 8, 2023, 16:40 Spencer Baugh wrote: > João Távora writes: > > On Tue, Nov 7, 2023 at 11:18 PM Dmitry Gutov wrote: > >> What I meant is, using it with the Elisp implementation didn't > >> convince me of the usefulness of the feature. Perhaps you disagree? > >> > >> Or it would be nice to hear from someone who have tried out Eglot's > >> integration and found more upsides there. > > > > If you want that to happen, the only realistic way to have good > > feedback from anyone else other than emacs-devel nerds like me and you > > is to release an Eglot version with this feature, which we can change > > later (even non-backward-compatibly, within a reasonable time frame). > > I tried the Eglot integration, my comments elsewhere are inspired by > that. > Can you point me to this "elsewhere"? > > I found it rather clumsy out of the box. What exactly is clumsy? Please state the command you used and what the clumsy effects were. However, it works well with an > approach of adding bindings for individual kinds, as is currently how I > (and other Eglot users at Jane Street, and presumably most other Eglot > users everywhere) use Eglot. So that compatibility with an > already-common approach is an upside of this integration. > Bindings to what commands exactly? However, the alternative UI which shows all kinds of definitions in a > single buffer does not exist for Eglot in the same way it exists for > Elisp. So... I can't really compare it to that. > What "alternative UI" are you talking about exactly? How can I trigger it for Elisp? Please give a full example as I don't know what you are taking about. Thanks! João >