On Tue, Aug 2, 2016 at 8:32 AM, Dmitry Gutov wrote: > On 08/01/2016 09:40 PM, Jonathan Kotta wrote: > >> Emacs uses `hg status -A` in vc-hg-state, which in turn is used in many >> vc commands (e.g. vc-root-diff). The "-A" option makes mercurial look >> at all files under the directory, even the ignored ones. If there are a >> lot of ignored files, this will be very slow. >> > > Why does it do that? We're passing a specific file name to it. > In the case of `vc-root-diff` at least, it's passing in a directory; the command is essentially `hg status -A ./`, and the CWD is indeed the repo root. I did this by running `vc-root-diff` from a dired buffer visiting the repo root. -- Thanks, Jonathan Kotta Hofstadter's Law: It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's Law.