all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Julian Assange & Emacs
@ 2013-07-22 19:21 Jambunathan K
From: Jambunathan K @ 2013-07-22 19:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

This seemed like a good story worthy of a leak :-).  Is the Assange
mentioned here, the same "world famous" Assange?  A post to
reddit.com/r/emacs thinks so.

,----
`----

,---- From windmove.el
`----

,---- From window.el
| ;; Predecessors to the below have been devised by Julian Assange in
|                                                   ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
|                                                   ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
|                                                   ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
| ;; change-windows-intuitively.el and Hovav Shacham in windmove.el.
| ;; Neither of these allow to selectively ignore specific windows
| ;; (windows whose `no-other-window' parameter is non-nil) as targets of
| ;; the movement.
| (defun window-in-direction (direction &optional window ignore)
`----

* Re: Julian Assange & Emacs
@ 2013-07-23  8:45 ` Suvayu Ali
From: Suvayu Ali @ 2013-07-23  8:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

On Tue, Jul 23, 2013 at 12:51:44AM +0530, Jambunathan K wrote:

> This seemed like a good story worthy of a leak :-).  Is the Assange
> mentioned here, the same "world famous" Assange?  A post to
> reddit.com/r/emacs thinks so.

A quick web search for proff@iq.org leads me to believe they are the
same person.

Cheers,

--
Suvayu

* Re: Julian Assange & Emacs
@ 2013-07-23  9:16   ` Luca Ferrari
From: Luca Ferrari @ 2013-07-23  9:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kjambunathan; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

On Tue, Jul 23, 2013 at 10:45 AM, Suvayu Ali
<fatkasuvayu+linux@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 23, 2013 at 12:51:44AM +0530, Jambunathan K wrote:
>>
>> This seemed like a good story worthy of a leak :-).  Is the Assange
>> mentioned here, the same "world famous" Assange?  A post to
>> reddit.com/r/emacs thinks so.

Is there a school homework on Assange?
A few days ago I found and replayed a very similar topic on another
mailing list: http://postgresql.1045698.n5.nabble.com/Question-re-contribs-of-Julian-Assange-td5764031.html

Luca

* Re: Julian Assange & Emacs
       [not found] <mailman.1598.1374520822.12400.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
@ 2013-07-23 13:00 ` Emanuel Berg
       [not found]   ` <mailman.1705.1374674601.12400.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: Emanuel Berg @ 2013-07-23 13:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

> Is the Assange mentioned here, the same "world famous" Assange?

Probably, yes. Why not? All programmers use either Emacs or vim.

* Re: Julian Assange & Emacs
@ 2013-07-24 14:04   ` Jonathan Groll
       [not found]   ` <mailman.1705.1374674601.12400.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: Jonathan Groll @ 2013-07-24 14:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

On Tue, 23 Jul 2013 15:00:03 +0200, Emanuel Berg <embe8573@student.uu.se> wrote:

> Jambunathan K <kjambunathan@gmail.com> writes:
>
> > Is the Assange mentioned here, the same "world famous" Assange?
>
> Probably, yes. Why not? All programmers use either Emacs or vim.

Here's a pic of RMS and Assange together from this year:
http://ergoemacs.org/misc/Richard_Stallman_and_Julian_Assange.html

It says on that page that Assange wrote change-windows-intuitively.el.

Cheers,
Jonathan
--
jjg: Jonathan J. Groll : groll co za
has_one { :blog => "http://bloggroll.com" }

* Re: Julian Assange & Emacs
       [not found]   ` <mailman.1705.1374674601.12400.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
@ 2013-07-24 17:17     ` Emanuel Berg
       [not found]       ` <mailman.2023.1375099867.12400.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: Emanuel Berg @ 2013-07-24 17:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Jonathan Groll <lists@groll.co.za> writes:

> Here's a pic of RMS and Assange together from this year:
> http://ergoemacs.org/misc/Richard_Stallman_and_Julian_Assange.html

What?! Ha ha ha, I'd be damned. rms looks very young!

I wonder what Assange do all days at the embassy? Unless he hacks
new projects, I guess he does political communication for the most
part.

--
Emanuel Berg - programmer (hire me! CV below)
computer projects: http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573

* Re: Julian Assange & Emacs
@ 2013-07-29 12:10       ` ken
       [not found]       ` <mailman.2023.1375099867.12400.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: ken @ 2013-07-29 12:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Emanuel Berg; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

On 07/24/2013 01:17 PM Emanuel Berg wrote:
> Jonathan Groll <lists@groll.co.za> writes:
>
>> Here's a pic of RMS and Assange together from this year:
>> http://ergoemacs.org/misc/Richard_Stallman_and_Julian_Assange.html

Nice.  Thanks.

> What?! Ha ha ha, I'd be damned. rms looks very young!

Altruism in your heart keeps you young.

> I wonder what Assange do all days at the embassy? Unless he hacks
> new projects, I guess he does political communication for the most
> part.

I think he needs a satellite TV show.

* Re: Julian Assange & Emacs
       [not found]       ` <mailman.2023.1375099867.12400.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
@ 2013-08-01 21:00         ` Emanuel Berg
From: Emanuel Berg @ 2013-08-01 21:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

ken <gebser@mousecar.com> writes:

> I think he [Assange] needs a satellite TV show.

Last thing I read he started a political party in Australia. It
should deal with taxes (?), asylum issues (naturally), and global
warming. They didn't mention privacy on the web (and elsewhere),
piracy, and those things that are often there. Perhaps Assange is
growing soft?