all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Emacs on OpenBSD for DEC VAX?
@ 2013-01-26 17:05 haziz
From: haziz @ 2013-01-26 17:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

I have managed to install OpenBSD 5.2 on my DEC VaxStation 4000 Model 90 but to my surprise have not found a binary for Emacs (any version) for the VAX architecture. As best as I can tell I do not see it in the ports collection either.

Has anybody succeeded in installing any version of Emacs (or for that matter Zile) on the VAX architecture? Note that the VAX architecture distribution of OpenBSD uses a modified version of GCC 2.9.5 as it's compiler.

Thanks.

* Re: Emacs on OpenBSD for DEC VAX?
@ 2013-02-08  7:08 ` Luca Ferrari
From: Luca Ferrari @ 2013-02-08  7:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: haziz; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

Don't know if this helps, but as far as I know OpenBSD has mg that is
an editor compatible with Emacs (but without a lisp interpreter).

Luca

@ 2013-02-08 15:37 ` Stefan Monnier
From: Stefan Monnier @ 2013-02-08 15:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

> Has anybody succeeded in installing any version of Emacs (or for that matter
> Zile) on the VAX architecture?

Have you tried to compile Emacs on that system?