It seems that installing vterm compiles something called "vterm-module". This seems to be necessary to reproduce the bug. So, indeed it seems this is a vterm bug. I will notify vterm developers. My apologies if reporting this issue here was/is inappropriate. Thank you, Sami su 16. huhtik. 2023 klo 20.29 Sami Lahtinen (sami.lahtinen@gmail.com) kirjoitti: > > > su 16.4.2023 klo 20.21 Eli Zaretskii kirjoitti: > >> > From: Sami Lahtinen >> > Date: Sun, 16 Apr 2023 20:07:11 +0300 >> > Cc: Eli Zaretskii , 62831@debbugs.gnu.org >> > >> > I think I pinpointed the problem. >> > I was able to reproduce the bug with a minimal init configuration that >> only loads the vterm package. >> > >> > I'll attach the init file here, hope this helps! >> >> Thanks. >> >> vterm is not part of Emacs, so I suggest to report this to the vterm >> developers first. >> > > I can do that. But I don’t know if the bug is in vterm as such or just > something that the vterm package installation “enables” in this particular > setup, as actually using vterm is not required to replicate the bug. The > crash happens after simply loading the package. There might be other ways > of causing this bug as well that might not be related to vterm. > > Sami > > > >