Dear Eli, Thank you for your reply. It is very easy to reproduce this behavior: 1. Open an org file (e.g. the example "test.org" in attachment) with "emacs -nw -Q test.org". 2. Run "M-x org-indent-mode". 3. Move the cursor to the beginning of an indented heading, where the heading stars are hidden. Behaviour: The cursor is not visible. Kind regards, Olivier Vasseur Le dim. 27 sept. 2020 à 12:00, Eli Zaretskii a écrit : > > From: O V > > Date: Sun, 27 Sep 2020 10:49:51 +0200 > > > > I am writing regarding a feature that I would like to be implemented, > and not a bug. > > > > When using 'org-indent-mode' in Emacs without a GUI (started by 'emacs > -nw'), the cursor is hidden when > > located on hidden headline stars. > > > > I believe this happens because, as per 'M-x customize-option cursor', > > the "cursor foreground color is taken from the background color of the > underlying text". As per the same > > doc, the cursor foreground cannot be changed to a fixed face. > > > > In my opinio, allowing this would be an enormous improvement, as the > hidden cursor is a real obstacle to > > correct viewing and editing of org files. > > > > Could you please make implementations that would solve this problem? > > Thank you for your report. > > Could you please provide a recipe for reproducing the problem, > starting from "emacs -Q"? Please include in your recipe the minimal > Org file needed for reproducing. TIA. >