all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Org agenda export question (no response on org list)
@ 2013-02-15 16:42 Subhan Tindall
From: Subhan Tindall @ 2013-02-15 16:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

In Org mode:
Working with an agenda file, off the rack daily agenda.
org-agenda-entry-text-maxlines = 5
All nodes are TODO nodes
When I hit E or v E, I see the first few lines of the node
When I export using C-x C-w, all I get in the export file is the
headlines, not the additional context
Even a highlight/cut/past only picks up the header lines.
How can I get export to match my agenda view more closely & include
the header lines as displayed?
Thanks!

--
Subhan Michael Tindall | Software Developer
| smt@rentrakmail.com
RENTRAK | www.rentrak.com | NASDAQ: RENT

* Re: Org agenda export question (no response on org list)
@ 2013-02-15 17:21 ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2013-02-15 17:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Subhan Tindall; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

Hi Subhan,

Subhan Tindall <subhan.tindall@rentrakmail.com> writes:

> How can I get export to match my agenda view more closely & include
> the header lines as displayed?

Get the latest Org from git:

  ~$ git clone git://orgmode.org/org-mode.git

then run

  ~$ make

With this version (the development version), you can save the agenda
buffer to an Org-mode file with C-x C-w myfile.org RET

Beware that this new version comes with the new export engine, so
there are still some things that need to be fixed before you can use
them "in production".

Hope that helps,

--
 Bastien