Hi drain, Maybe this will help, even though I never tried it myself because I like opening large and hairy files :) Type the following: C-h v large- Then the description for the variable will show up like this: large-file-warning-threshold is a variable defined in `files.el'. Its value is 10000000 Documentation: Maximum size of file above which a confirmation is requested. When nil, never request confirmation. You can customize this variable. This variable was introduced, or its default value was changed, in version 22.1 of Emacs. [back] On Fri, Jan 25, 2013 at 8:23 PM, drain wrote: > I meant to ask if that were already an option. > > Related: how can I get Emacs NOT to prompt me when I want to open large > (>10 > MB) files? > > > > -- > View this message in context: > http://emacs.1067599.n5.nabble.com/recover-file-after-crash-tp276397p276478.html > Sent from the Emacs - Help mailing list archive at Nabble.com. > >