On Thu, Jul 12, 2018 at 10:16 PM, Radon Rosborough wrote: > > brew edit cask emacs > > Do you perhaps mean 'brew cask edit' rather than 'brew edit cask'? > The quoted command is the one I used. It may not be optimal or there may be a more idiomatic Homebrew way to do it, but I have looked at my .history file and here are all 3 commands I used to get Emacs to stop crashing when closing a fullscreen window: brew cask install emacs brew edit cask emacs # change the ctags as described above brew reinstall cask emacs I did try the other way round: brew cask edit emacs and it opens a different file, not the right file to put that ctags change in!!!