all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* installing a package in bath mode
@ 2021-07-12  7:28 Masahiro Yamada
From: Masahiro Yamada @ 2021-07-12  7:28 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hi.

I want to install a package from the command line.

I asked google how to do it, and I tried.

For example, I tried to install 'solarized-theme' like below,
but contrary to my will, emacs tried to install 'solarized-theme-'.

(a hyphen is always appended at the end of the package name/)

What is wrong here?

$ emacs --batch  --eval "(progn (package-initialize)(package-install
'solarized-theme))"
Setting ‘package-selected-packages’ temporarily since "emacs -q" would
overwrite customizations
Setting ‘package-selected-packages’ temporarily since "emacs -q" would
overwrite customizations
Package ‘solarized-theme-’ is unavailable

--
Best Regards
Masahiro Yamada

* Re: installing a package in bath mode
@ 2021-07-12 11:58 ` Emanuel Berg via Users list for the GNU Emacs text editor
From: Emanuel Berg via Users list for the GNU Emacs text editor @ 2021-07-12 11:58 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Masahiro Yamada wrote:

> I want to install a package from the command line.

In bath mode :)

Better than in Ba'ath mode I guess...

> For example, I tried to install 'solarized-theme' like
> below, but contrary to my will, emacs tried to install
> 'solarized-theme-'.
>
> (a hyphen is always appended at the end of the package
> name/)

The same thing happens here, but this

(progn
  (package-initialize)
  (package-install 'solarized-theme) )

also doesn't work (just evaluating it in Emacs).

  Contacting host: melpa.org:443

  package--with-response-buffer-1:
  https://melpa.org/packages/solarized-theme-20210519.925.tar:
  Not found