all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* tex-mode-hook not working anymore?
@ 2013-03-18 11:49 Fabrice Delente
From: Fabrice Delente @ 2013-03-18 11:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hello.

This is with GNU Emacs 24.2.1.

I have set tex-mode-hook to add keyboard shortcuts to custom elisp
functions in my .emacs:

(add-hook 'tex-mode-hook
          '(lambda ()
             (define-key tex-mode-map [?\C-,] 'insere-une-virgule)
             (define-key tex-mode-map [?\M-\(] 'comment-region)
...etc.
))

However, it stopped working today. When I hit one of my shortcuts, I
get "undefined" in the minibuffer.

How can I restore it?

Thanks.

--
F. Delente

* Re: tex-mode-hook not working anymore?
@ 2013-03-18 11:57 ` Fabrice Delente
From: Fabrice Delente @ 2013-03-18 11:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Liste Emacs Help

It seems that AUCTeX is loaded instead of the standard old tex/latex
mode! That's why tex-mode-hook is not taken into account. How can I
remove AUCTeX?

* Re: tex-mode-hook not working anymore?
@ 2013-03-18 18:13   ` Stefan Husmann
From: Stefan Husmann @ 2013-03-18 18:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Am 18.03.2013 12:57, schrieb Fabrice Delente:
> It seems that AUCTeX is loaded instead of the standard old tex/latex
> mode! That's why tex-mode-hook is not taken into account. How can I
> remove AUCTeX?

That depends how you installed it. What system do you use? Did AUCTeX come with a package manager of your distribution? Then use your package manager to remove it? Did it come with ELPA? Then remove the directory under ~/.emacs.d/ containing AUCTeX.

You ma also want to just bind the .tex suffix to latex-mode rather than LaTeX-mode or tex-mode rather than TeX-mode.

Best Regards Stefan