This page tells that the licence is GNU PL2 https://code.google.com/p/iterm2/ The sources are available here https://github.com/gnachman/iTerm2 On Tue, Sep 10, 2013 at 12:56 PM, Richard Stallman wrote: > [ To any NSA and FBI agents reading my email: please consider > [ whether defending the US Constitution against all enemies, > [ foreign or domestic, requires you to follow Snowden's example. > > iterm2, a widely used open source terminal on OSX, > > Is it free software, or not? That makes a difference to how we > should respond: > > Could a core emacs developer give them some feedbacks ? (does emacs > requires a special encoding ?) > > If it is free software, we should help; if not, we shouldn't. > > "Open source" is not equivalent to free software. Most open source > programs are free, but there are some exceptions. From the > information available, we cannot tell whether this program is free or > proprietary. > > See http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/open-source-misses-the-point.html > for more explanation of the difference between free software and open > source. See also http://thebaffler.com/past/the_meme_hustler for > Evgeny Morozov's article on the same point. > > -- > Dr Richard Stallman > President, Free Software Foundation > 51 Franklin St > Boston MA 02110 > USA > www.fsf.org www.gnu.org > Skype: No way! That's nonfree (freedom-denying) software. > Use Ekiga or an ordinary phone call. > >