On 1/31/12, Juri Linkov wrote: >> So how about the following behavior (for brevity I will describe only >> isearch-repeat-forward): (1) if you use isearch-repeat-forward then at >> the end of the operation you must be in a search-forward state; (2) >> the numerical value decides how many searches are done and (3) the >> sign defines the direction. > > Thanks. I agree that these rules are reasonable. > Hi Juri, Please see attached patch. Note that I decided to stop the repeated search at wraparound and any other case where the search fails (eq isearch-sucess nil). Thanks, Gideon.