On Tue, Aug 22, 2017 at 12:12 PM, Richard Stallman wrote: >> ​ ​ ​. . . they could write their own backends >> from scratch which would mean users losing out on all the research that's >> gone into LLVM, any chance of compatibility with standard tools, etc. > > These are side issues when our freedom is at stake. Wow! For many your freedom is a luxury​ when there exists no other realistic approach to achieving a ​n objective​ ​ ​ beside leveraging LLVM ​. In this instance realistic mean ​s​ within a realistic time-frame and a realistic ​ ​ budget. Reminds me of the importance a population ​ experiencing widespread famine attach ​es​ to ​ freedom of the press.