On Mon, Dec 8, 2014 at 12:57 PM, Eli Zaretskii wrote: > Not sure what your point is here. My comment above was in teh context > of a request to use full sentences as summary lines. Is that a > "failure to practice git subject line hygiene"? If so, in what ways? > My apologies for being obtuse. Perhaps as a git user for some while I assumed more familiarity with git culture than exists in this thread. I was merely pointing out that across many important projects there are rather stringent standards for the subject line of a git commit. These cover line length, no trailing period, imperative mood, etc. So actually Eli I was supporting your stance of resisting "lowering the barriers". /john