Hi Glenn, Thanks for the quick reply. On Tue, Mar 4, 2014 at 9:47 PM, Glenn Morris wrote: > > ("dash" . sh-mode) > > Sounds good. > That's the one that really matters to me as many (most?) of my scripts have no file extension. I've never come across .bsh and .dsh used as extensions in this way. > I find zero examples on two random RHEL6, Debian testing machines. > The only .bsh files are LibreOffice components that are not bash scripts. > So this seems like something for your personal .emacs. > I guess I suggested .bsh and .dsh for completeness. My first encounter with .bsh was on my newest job. I introduced .dsh once I started using a #!/bin/dash shebang. Given that you found a LibreOffice conflict I am happy to withdraw my suggestion. /john