all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* tags
@ 2012-11-09 13:00 johnrarellano
From: johnrarellano @ 2012-11-09 13:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Related to a recent question, is there a way to bookmark a spot in a
long text?

My makeshift method right now is to create a temporary subheader at
the position and then tag it, but I would like to implement tags much
like the Emacs "mark" is often implemented temporarily. Jumping to
precisely the cursor position where I was last reading.

[parent not found: <mailman.24.1295774756.8897.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>]
* TAGS
@ 2011-01-23  8:12 simon cossar
       [not found] ` <mailman.2.1295781488.8995.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: simon cossar @ 2011-01-23  8:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hello list - I hope this as the appropriate place for my question. I am
fairly new to computers - I am just discovering emacs lisp and creating
simple functions. I am trying to view the source code of built in
functions - I understand how to use etags to set up a  tags file for a
directory but I can't find the directory that contains the built in
functions. I am finding all sorts of .elc files. Is it possible that
everything has been byte-compiled? I am on Ubuntu 10.04 (64 bit) with
emacs 23.1.1. If anyone could point me in the right direction it would
be greatly appreciated.
Simon

[parent not found: <mailman.938.1073284523.868.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>]
* TAGS
@ 2004-01-05  5:30 Jack Wang
From: Jack Wang @ 2004-01-05  5:30 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi all:

How to generate TAGS file in a complex directory structure (with many subdirectories)?

I use  find . -name "*.[cch]" -print | etags - to generate TAGS file for all *.cc and *.h files. Are there any other methods?

By the way, when I use M-x tags-search to search a word, e.g., pointer_a, how to make it case-sensitive and match-word-only, so that

POINTER_A and pointer_a_1 will be skipped?

Thanks a lot.

Jack

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com