all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* [ELPA] New package: stopwatch
@ 2018-02-08  6:23 Andres Sarnari
From: Andres Sarnari @ 2018-02-08  6:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

Hi all,

I'd like to add a new package to the ELPA repository: stopwatch. I'm
hosting the code on github: https://github.com/asnr/stopwatch/.

It's a stopwatch, in Emacs. A picture is worth a thousand words:
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/asnr/stopwatch/master/demo.gif.

I've tried to follow the submission instructions in
http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/emacs/elpa.git/plain/README and in the
Emacs documentation, my apologies if I missed anything.

One thing that I would like some guidance on is handling the
licence/copyright. I've read in a couple of third-party sites that I need
to assign copyright to the FSF, and there's a vague mention of it in the
contributing docs as well. Is this necessary? What does this involve? Also,
what kind of licence can I use? My preference is GNU GPLv3, is this
acceptable? Is it sufficient to add a LICENSE file at the root of the
project, or do I need to include the licence as comments in some/all of the
elisp files?

Finally, the submission instructions ask that I put the patch in an email.
Are there other ways I can provide the code?

Cheers,
Andres.