On Wed, Mar 16, 2016 at 11:32 AM, Eli Zaretskii wrote: > > > And as I said, the first time I wasn't killing a buffer. After > extracting the recent keys from the earlier core file (we don't have a gdb > macro for this??) > > recent_keys is just a vector, what macro besides xvector do you need? > A vector used as a ring buffer (so we don't "start" at 0), containing integers or symbols denoting keys pressed or lists recording events like switch-frame or commands invoked. Decoding that all at once would be handy, since I can't use "C-h l" on a core file. I've got one in the works, now, but it's got some glitches left to work out. And I'm more interested in getting xbacktrace working again. > > > I've confirmed I was switching to an existing shell command output > buffer. > > So in both cases you were inside or leaving the minibuffer, is that > right? And the 'mini' flag of the window is set, so it was a > mini-window. > Yes Anyway, do you have any explanation for why this started happening > now? Did you switch from an older Emacs version, or changed something > in your local system configuration or in the way you invoke Emacs? > (I'm trying to establish whether this is an old problem, or something > that was caused by recent changes.) > I switched one week ago to emacs-25.0.92 from emacs-25.0.90, which I'd been running since early or mid February. I didn't see this problem in .90, though a couple of assertion failures in find_last_row_displaying_text prompted me to pick up the newer snapshot. Some changes I saw in the log for .92 made me think maybe that had been addressed, so I wasn't planning to report the assertion failure unless I saw it again in the newer snapshot.