On Mon., Dec. 27, 2021, 23:22 Richard Stallman, wrote: > so it's probably doable, but a large > > part of its functionality depends on mpv, which is in NonGNU ELPA. Is > it > > okay for ELPA packages to depend on NonGNU ELPA? > I think we should avoid that -- if "depends" means "needs, in order to > be useful". Everything in core Emacs should work and be useful without > ELPA. And everything in GNU ELPA should work and be useful without > NonGNU ELPA. > As it turns out, subed-mpv.el doesn't even use mpv.el, as it implements its own process control for the external MPV video player, so no problem at all. :) Uh, yes, I did actually accept the maintenance of a package that I've only read about half of, but that's mainly because I kept submitting patches for the stuff I wanted to tweak and the original author hasn't written Emacs Lisp in a while... I will try to not make a mess of things while I'm squeezing coding/email into my sleep-deprived discretionary time. :) The idea of NonGNU ELPA is to be add-ons to the rest. > It's probably pretty reasonable to keep subed in NonGNU ELPA instead of GNU ELPA, anyway. Sacha