Hi John, all! You can Bcc or Cc me and I can look up the web link for the message/thread so that I can include it in Emacs News. Bonus if you can include a one-line summary if it's not obvious from the subject line or the body. :) For example, Corwin recently Bcced me on the clang off tip, so I was able to include that. Andrés Ramírez has been sending me links to emacs-devel threads of interest, which is much appreciated as y'all talk about so many interesting things that I can't keep up on my phone given my limited computer time (hence the top-posting on this email, sorry sorry sorry). I usually jump around in the threads to see what's up or which message is good to link to. Sometimes it's a little hard for me to summarize things in a line or two. For emacs-devel, we've mostly been keeping an eye out for: - help wanted - braindumps on how parts of Emacs work or weird things people might need to know about different platforms - progress on various parts (tree-sitter modes, etc.) - proposals that could use a variety of perspectives, etc. - the occasional glimpse of the vast breadth and depth in Emacs (supporting obsolete systems, odd edge cases, etc.) - very busy or long threads I tend to skip threads that are very specific or are quickly resolved, and I try to not embarrass people when they're having a hard time getting along in public. Emacs News takes me about an hour to do all in all, which is mostly grouping/deduplicating and categorizing links, and skimming videos or captions when available. (I try to not link to lots of those lower-effort StackOverflow readalouds...) Could be something worth replicating on a weekly or monthly scale for someone more immersed in emacs-devel. Sacha On Fri, Sept 1, 2023, 09:20 John Yates wrote: > Writing new content (à la Linux Weekly News) is a massive effort. I > would expect any attempt at such a product to peter out in short order. > > A big, big +1 for Sacha's weekly Emacs News. I find it just the right > level of detail. It directs one to Emacs mail threads, upcoming events and > get togethers, blogs and Reddit posts, Youtube videos, etc. And, IIRC, she > is even set up to accept contributions from others. Let's support her. > > /john >