all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* bug#25815: bindat examples not working, maybe error
@ 2017-02-20 17:07 Andreas Hiller
From: Andreas Hiller @ 2017-02-20 17:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 25815

i found an error in the documentation about the bindat module in emacs.
It seems the colons in the spec of the cookie example are wrong:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/42308554/how-to-set-emacs-bindat-pack-data/42327361

Kind regards, Andreas

* bug#25815: bindat examples not working, maybe error
@ 2017-02-21  2:42 ` Glenn Morris
From: Glenn Morris @ 2017-02-21  2:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andreas Hiller; +Cc: 25815

Andreas Hiller wrote:

> i found an error in the documentation about the bindat module in emacs.
> It seems the colons in the spec of the cookie example are wrong:
> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/42308554/how-to-set-emacs-bindat-pack-data/42327361

There are two examples. One happens to use colons in the spec and one
does not. Both examples seem self-consistent to me. Perhaps you were
mixing one example with the other? Otherwise, please tell us more
precisely what you think is wrong. Thanks.

* bug#25815: bindat examples not working, maybe error
@ 2017-02-21 20:07   ` Andreas Hiller
From: Andreas Hiller @ 2017-02-21 20:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Glenn Morris; +Cc: 25815