You are right. The colons part in the beginning was confusing for me. Nevermind, i'm a elisp beginner :) Thanks. Glenn Morris schrieb am Di., 21. Feb. 2017 um 03:42 Uhr: > Andreas Hiller wrote: > > > i found an error in the documentation about the bindat module in emacs. > > It seems the colons in the spec of the cookie example are wrong: > > > http://stackoverflow.com/questions/42308554/how-to-set-emacs-bindat-pack-data/42327361 > > There are two examples. One happens to use colons in the spec and one > does not. Both examples seem self-consistent to me. Perhaps you were > mixing one example with the other? Otherwise, please tell us more > precisely what you think is wrong. Thanks. >