Just resending since the mail to (earlier address of) Kenichi Handa bounced On Fri, Oct 2, 2015 at 11:01 AM, Rustom Mody wrote: > Thanks Chris > > On Fri, Oct 2, 2015 at 10:53 AM, Chris Feng > wrote: > >> Stefan Monnier wrote (on gnu.emacs.help list): > >>> Rusi Mody wrote: > >>> > I see (info "(elisp)input methods") > >>> > that in emacs including 25, docs are still at > >>> > > >>> > | How to define input methods is not yet documented in this manual, > >>> > | but here we describe how to use them. > >>> > > >>> > Is there something I can do (within my capacity!) to move this > forward? > >> > >>> Start to document what you know? Or try to document what you think > >>> should be there, and if you don't know what to write because you don't > >>> know how it works, then ask on emacs-devel. > > > > AFAIK to define a new input method it only requires one to register it > > to `input-method-alist' and feed `input-method-function' a customized > > function. But it seems most input methods in Emacs are defined as > > Quail packages, so an intro to `quail-define-package' (and perhaps > > other parts of Quail) may also be helpful. > > What's quail? > Why is it there? [or] What's its relation to (define)-input-method? > Sorry if I seem obtuse but I gather there is a close relation but I > cant make out what... > Also the relation of mule and quail??