all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* tab-bar-mode new tab hook?
@ 2022-04-25  2:07 Aaron Jensen
From: Aaron Jensen @ 2022-04-25  2:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Emacs developers

Hi,

I've been experimenting using tabspaces
(https://github.com/mclear-tools/tabspaces) to enable each tab to have
its own isolated buffer list. It provides a command,
tabspaces-create-workspace that invokes tab-bar-new-tab and then sets
frame parameters to isolate the buffer list space.

I was curious if there has been any thought given to including a hook
for when a new tab is created. This way, I could just add a hook to do
this and not have to use a separate command (and replace all the other
commands that use tab-bar-new-tab). I could use advice, but that seems
like a last resort.

Alternatively (or in addition) is the behavior to isolate buffer lists
in tabs one that would make sense for Emacs to support out-of-the-box?

Thanks,

Aaron