It is written in C. The only real reason C was used was performance concerns, real or imagined. I can post a diff of the changes - it isn't that many lines. On Dec 4, 2016 12:04 PM, "Stefan Monnier" wrote: > > That's too bad (I mean, its good for performance, but unfortunate one of > > the use cases doesn't exist). However, the treap functions may still be > of > > general use. Let me know if there is any interest. They are documented > > and tested. They fill a gap between alists (persistent, linear lookup) > and > > hash tables (ephemeral, constant lookup) by being persistent while > > providing average case logarithmic lookup. > > Is it written in C or Elisp? If it's Elisp, then we definitely would > welcome it into GNU ELPA (there is already an avl-tree implementation in > Emacs itself at lisp/emacs-lisp/avl-tree.el, but the more the merrier). > If it's written C, I'll let others decide whether we want to include it. > > > Stefan >