The actual patch is to configure.ac. The diff is showing things that I would move from my current "configure" file to "configure.ac" On Fri, Mar 13, 2015 at 5:28 PM, Paul Eggert wrote: > Pete Williamson wrote: > >> --- a/configure >> +++ b/configure >> > > 'configure' is generated automatically from 'configure.ac' and other > files, so patches to 'configure' are ineffective. You need to patch > configure.ac and the other files instead. > > If you need to patch config.guess and/or config.sub, they come from a > different project and those changes need to be sent upstream, as described > in those files. >