On Wed, Nov 21, 2012 at 1:08 PM, Jeremiah Dodds wrote: > Roel Sergeant writes: > > > > Is it asking you for a password? Is it asking you for a passphrase? > > Is it using a SSH_ASKPASS defined service? Are you using an ssh rsa > > key? Why not? I think it most likely that you are running into > > problems during these phases. > > > > I use user/password authentication, but it doesn't ask for a password > when > > within emacs, but it does so in a normal shell. > > > > I tried setting it up with an rsa key, but it seems a cron job is > running that > > removes authorized_keys from user profiles (or they are copying profiles > > because they have multiple servers. I have to dig deeper into that after > > this issue is fixed). > > > > I certainly hope not. Allowing PAM auth and disallowing authorized_keys, > particularly reverting authorized_keys would raise "I don't want to be > dealing with this host/these people" red flags for me. > > Assuming it's not a permissions issue, I'd be asking whoever would be > relevant about the behaviour to make sure it's intentional. > > If it *is* intentional, it seems pretty wrong-headed. > > Thanks! Already send out the email to them to ask why... But since it happened 3 times I assumed it was intentional, but that was before I knew anything about ssh, except how to start a session... At least I learned a few new things this week. Kind regards, Roel.