all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Is BSD licence compatible to export with emacs modules?
@ 2017-07-27 15:26 Arthur Miller
From: Arthur Miller @ 2017-07-27 15:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Just a short question: if I wrap a bsd-licensed code into n emacs module,
is it compatible
with GPL license? Is it OK to export with

int plugin_is_GPL_compatible;

Does that symbol aim at my own written module code, or does it even include

used 3rd party code (which in this case is licenced under the BSD licence)?

* Re: Is BSD licence compatible to export with emacs modules?
@ 2017-07-27 21:20 ` tomas
From: tomas @ 2017-07-27 21:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Arthur Miller; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

* Re: Is BSD licence compatible to export with emacs modules?
@ 2017-07-27 21:37   ` Emanuel Berg
From: Emanuel Berg @ 2017-07-27 21:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

> Yes. BSD is GPL compatible [1]. ( assume it's
> the currently common "modified" or
> "three-clause" license [2] and not the
> original, four-clause license [4], which is
> pretty uncommon these days. The four-clause
> license has this non- advertising clause.

What's the advantage "these days" using BSD
instead of Debian (or derivative) like everyone
else? Because I heard there is even
a BSD Debian!

--
underground experts united
http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573

* Re: Is BSD licence compatible to export with emacs modules?
@ 2017-07-28  8:32     ` tomas
From: tomas @ 2017-07-28  8:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs