I took screenshot of just one version, it was problem with both on/off, at least on my machine. Just posting wm_size message after the change in your function solves issues in both cases for me. 2017-01-11 9:39 GMT+01:00 martin rudalics : > > There is a slightly cosmetic issue with above function. When one switches > > back on decorations, > > the frame will not resize properly and minibuffer will be not visible. > It's > > there but just > > covered by frame. Just resizing emacs framefixes it. > > > > Adding call to PostMessage(hwnd, WM_SIZE,0,0) in Martins function fixes > it. > > This is not necessary here. And it would be strange since the idea is > that the outer frame size remains unchanged. Hence, any problem would > manifest itself already when you remove the borders by leaving parts of > the display area reserved for the frame not redrawn. > > The image you posted in the message you sent just now seems to confirm > that. > > But I'm testing this on Windows XP and have not yet pulled the recent > multi-thread Emacs changes. > > martin >