I set a breakpoint in a shared library in gdb on emacs run the program and the breakpoint is ignored. If I follow the same procedures in gdb from the command line, gdb stops at the breakpoint. emacs version: 25.3.1 gdb version: 7.2-75.e16 gdb-mi.el loaded More detail: I start gdb in emacs using the command: gdb -i=mi /path to executable/executable > break main > run > info func .*ProcessCommand.* ... [address of desired function] > break *[address of the desired funciton] > continue Using this sequence inside emacs, gdb ignores the breakpoint. Using this sequence using gdb from the command line, the code stops at the breakpoint. I note that the function is in a shared library. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you! john -- *John W. Murray* John@gardenway.org 801-628-0543