Please consider waiting as there is a known crash bug with macOS 10.12 in RC1. A patch has been proposed but not merged yet AFAIK. Alternatively make sure you include that patch that supposedly fixes it before rolling a new Aquamacs release. See earlier threads this month for more details about the issue. On Sun, 31 Jul 2016 at 22:33 David Reitter wrote: > I’m getting ready to release Aquamacs Emacs 3.3, which will be based on > Emacs 25.1, as usual with a number of changes and a modified default > configuration, as well as countless large and small major modes and other > libraries. (This is the NS port.) > > I’m wondering whether it would make sense to release this based on one of > the 25.1 release candidates rather than waiting for the final version. The > reasoning here would be that we would gain maybe 1,000 users fairly quickly. > So, this could help with testing. > > Emacs-devel, do you have objections to an earlier release? >