Dear Eli, You are right. The m17n libraries are outdated. I updated them and recompiled Emacs 25.3 but the problem persisted. Due to time constraints, I am not looking forward to debugging this issue further. I will continue working with Emacs 24.5.1 for now. Hopefully when I upgrade to Ubuntu 18.04, I will get new m17n libraries with Emacs 25.x and this issue won't show up. ​Thanks , Aviral On Thu, Jan 4, 2018 at 11:06 AM, Eli Zaretskii wrote: > > From: Aviral Goel > > Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2018 22:16:29 -0500 > > > > On pressing hve in devanagari-itrans input method the following should > be rendered - ह्वे > > But Emacs-25.3 (built from source) does not render this correctly. It > splits the ` mark and places at the end of > > line. > > Similar behavior is observed on pressing d which should render द् but it > does not. > > I cannot reproduce this. I'm not on Ubuntu, so this probably means > your m17n libraries are either outdated, or they have a bug. > > > I have attached an image to show the problem. This however works fine on > Emacs 24 (installed via package > > manager - apt) > > Maybe Emacs 24 was built against different versions of the libraries > that participate in shaping complex scripts? >