all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
@ 2014-02-14  3:22 Andrew Pennebaker
From: Andrew Pennebaker @ 2014-02-14  3:22 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: Emacs Help

I'm trying to use Vagrant and Cask to automate setting up development
environments with my favorite editor, Emacs v24, and my favorite settings,
.emacs.

My Puppet script mostly works, but when I try to reprovision (to grab new
Cask dependencies), I get a strange error.

Trace:

$ vagrant up
$ vagrant provision
End of file during parsing

Source:

https://github.com/mcandre/mcandre-ubuntu

Could this be a problem with Ubuntu, or possibly Emacs 24? I hope it's a
simple mistake on my part in manifests/default.pp.

--
Cheers,

Andrew Pennebaker
www.yellosoft.us

* Re: "Loading 00debian-vars. ... End of file during parsing."
       [not found] <mailman.15047.1392348164.10748.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
@ 2014-02-14 22:13 ` Javier
From: Javier @ 2014-02-14 22:13 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: help-gnu-emacs

I have a similar problem in emacs 24.3.1 in my arch linux (compiled
from the yaourt package emacs-lucid emacs-lucid 24.3-4).

If I try to byte-compile my ~/.emacs from the text mode "emacs -nw" in an
xterm I get a bunch of warnings and at the end the same error.

(...)
.emacs:17:8:Warning: `end-of-buffer' used from Lisp code
That command is designed for interactive use only
.emacs:1:26:Error: End of file during parsing

If I byte-compile from the graphical emacs (X) it sucessfully
generates ~/.emacs.elc