OK, I think I found AN answer to my question : msmtp : https://marlam.de/msmtp and possibly https://github.com/simonrob/email-oauth2-proxy or https://github.com/MadEarl/cl-oauth2 and or https://www.keycloak.org , but I think 'msmtp' looks more like what I was looking for - an augmented or slot-in replacement for 'sendmail' . Sorry for mis-spellings in $Subject, which of course should be : 'Re: suggestions for best 100% Elisp Oauth2 module(s) & config for 29.4 MA-GNUS + mailx + sendmail please ? I was really asking about any known extensions to 'sendmail' itself to support XOAUTH2 + STARTTLS authentication for SMTP2 - I guess there really aren't any ? I am using : sendmail-8.18.1-1.fc40 on Fedora 40 Linux . I will evaluate above tools and get I think msmtp working first with Emacs mail & MA-GNUS IMAP + SMTP packages, then look at some way I could get msmtp + other daemons like sendmail to use a separate OAuth2 Proxy daemon(s) for both Google & MS-365 & Atlassian OAuth2 authentication, and work on extensions to Firefox and Chrome that can use my OAuth2 Proxy daemon . Anyone know of similar work in progress before I start ? On Mon, 29 Jul 2024 at 06:19, Jason Vas Dias wrote: > Sorry about even mentioning such horrors as MS-365 and Chrome and Google > WorkSpace and Oauth2, but > I HAVE to use them for work, unfortunately. > All I want is to be able to Send & Read Email with Emacs & MA-GNUS & Linux > mailx / sendmail, > that is all I am asking about . > MS-365's Outlook IMAP stopped working because it won't support OAuth2 , > but its SMTP2 works with encrypted password & sendmail config patches ; > Neither Google's IMAP nor its SMTP2 work for non-WorkSpace accounts, for > WorkSpace accounts, SMTP2 with password works until Sept 2024 - > this is what I am trying to handle. > I'd prefer to be able to continue reading & sending email with MA-GNUS & > Emacs, but Google & MS-365 make it ever more difficult. > If I have to support Oauth2 in Emacs, then I'd like to use a single daemon > and Oauth2 proxy for all of Emacs, Chrome, and Firefox, > all of which I MUST use , since only google-chrome-unstable allows me to > ScreenShare with Teams and Firefox Developer Edition is > better for Outlook (doesn't crash) . I am investigating Keycloak , an open > source Oauth2 server ... anyone got Emacs to use an Oauth2 Proxy ? > Best Regards, > Jason > > On Mon, 29 Jul 2024 at 05:53, Björn Bidar wrote: > >> Richard Stallman writes: >> >> > [[[ To any NSA and FBI agents reading my email: please consider ]]] >> > [[[ whether defending the US Constitution against all enemies, ]]] >> > [[[ foreign or domestic, requires you to follow Snowden's example. ]]] >> > >> > > Please could anyone recommend any good shared Ouath2 Daemon that >> > > all of Emacs MA-GNUS / IMAP + sendmail + firefox + chrome + >> > > Google/MS-365 SMTP2+Outh2 could use ? >> > >> > Asking for advice about using Google services is off topic for >> > emacs-devel. Asking about support for nonfree programs such as Chrome >> > is worse than merely off topic. >> >> How is getting OAuth to work offtopic? You seem to overread that that >> they were talking about getting OAuth to work and not just about Google >> Authentication or similar. >> >> Missing OAuth support has been an issue in other cases, e.g. using Gnus >> for work or school. Many institutions restrict the use of their accounts >> to OAuth or even use whitelists. >> >> Also I want add that we seem to tolerate packages supporting for non-free >> services >> in Elpa such as those supporting exchange, kinda a double standard. >> >> Br, >> >> Björn >> >