I have changed my locale back to English before sending the bug report. Okay I will write the recipe, Steps to reproduce: - Start Emacs - Set language environment to Turkish. (doesn't matter how you do it: customize menu or use set-language-environment or change LANG variable of the system) To have the result without a reboot, use set-language-environment function. - Run package-install, you will get the error I mentioned. Also before that error you will see some messages with 'unknown proxy direct' in it. I have tested this on two different laptops with same OS and the same internet connection. I got the same result. Thank you. On Friday, November 13, 2020, Eli Zaretskii wrote: >> From: Fatih Aydin >> Date: Thu, 12 Nov 2020 19:44:35 +0000 >> >> When I set Turkish as the language environment, I started to have problems >> with gpg. >> I have tried to; >> - Change lanuage environment of OS (locale.conf) instead of changing it in >> Emacs, nothing changed. >> - Set another languages to see if they also cause problem (Polish and >> Arabic), they were okay. Only Turkish is the problematic one. >> The problems I have observed: >> - I get this error message when I run package-install: >> Error while verifying signature archive-contents.sig: >> Command output:gpg: Signature made Thu 12 Nov 2020 01:05:03 PM +03 >> - When I run org-decrypt-entry, nothing happens. (in English, it works) >> In GNU Emacs 27.1 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.24.22, cairo >> version 1.17.3) > > Can you please show a recipe to reproduce the problem starting from > "emacs -Q"? In particular, please describe how did you set the > Turkish language environment, given that your locale is en_US.UTF-8. > > Thanks. >